Make a difference! Join Kota Connections as a part-time evening and weekend program counselor to make a positive difference in the lives of people with disabilities. Enjoy a fulfilling job providing direct support to assist people in maintaining their independence, engaging with their peers, and enjoying their community.
- Two nights a week and every-other weekend.
- Attendance at monthly company meetings held in the evening.
- Attendance at quarterly all staff training meetings.
- Additional daytime and evening hours are available!
Program Counselors at Kota Connections have a fun and rewarding job supporting individuals with disabilities both at home and in the community. As a program counselor you will be supporting individuals in building their social, problem solving, and independent living skills. Program Counselors implement programming and provide general assistance to individuals living independently. You will also be providing transportation and support at various outings in the community including sporting events, movies, plays, bingo nights, and many more.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, insurance, and willingness to transport clients in personal vehicles
- Willingness to attend a variety of community outings as assigned (including sporting events and activities in Minneapolis and St. Paul)
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
- Basic computer skills (Must be able to navigate our website and use a computer for documentation)
- Genuine interest in working with adults with developmental disabilities
- Background study clearance
- High school diploma or GED or working towards either
- 18 years of age or older
Wage: $15.00 hourly after required training is completed
Email ten.snoitcennocatok@slarrefer or call our office at 952-469-1555 for more information.